The Ten Other Commandments............
1. Thou shall not worry needlessly about
mistakes. You aren't unworthy or incapable just because you made some
mistakes. Remember that mistakes are necessary for growth.
2. Thou shall not control things. Your way is not always the best way. Remain open-minded, and don't worry if things don't go as expected.
3. Thou shall not blame others. Don't make others responsible for your happiness. You are in control of your happiness, and you can choose to make the day a positive one.
4. Thou shall not worry. Don't worry about the things that you can't change or have no control over. Have faith that storms never last long and tomorrow will be
5. Thou shall never surrender. You must try to climb that hill even when it seems too steep. No matter how difficult the task seems, it's better to try than to wonder if you could have succeeded.
6. Thou shall grow. Never think that you have to stay where you are in life. Every new day offers an opportunity for change.
7. Thou shall not judge others harshly. Try to accept other people for who they are. Just because someone is different from you, doesn't mean they are inferior. Everyone was created in God's image.
8. Thou shall not fret over other's opinions. Not everyone will like you, and some people will criticize you, but you must not feel unworthy. You need no one's approval to be you.
9. Thou shall not doubt your ability. You should always have faith in yourself. Refuse to give the negative voice in your head an audience.
10. Thou shall not fix the world. It's good to help others, but remember that you can't fix everyone's problems.
"The Ten Other Commandments©" Bobette Bryan, 2001
Return to the A.A. Links Page
Return to the A.A. History Page
Return to the West Baltimore Group Home Page